On 11/13/13 22:13, Mike Larkin wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 09:44:11PM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 08:26:57PM +0000, Bruno Delbono wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Otto,
>>>
>>> http://pastebin.com/zfkEUxX8
>>>
>>> This is generic.mp with flags of apm and acpi disable
>>>

> Why would you start trying to disable random devices in the kernel and expect
> things to get any better? For the past several years, acpi is needed on most
> machines to do anything useful with those machines. That includes VMs.

He took the advice from me on IRC.  I had googled and found a similar
mail from someone who could not see 2 cpu's but only 1, people told that
person to disable apm, but granted the mails were a little dated.

So I was giving the bad advice.  I'll keep the acpi thing in mind for
next time.

Cheers,

-peter