Em 14-11-2013 11:43, David Coppa escreveu:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini
> <grazzol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Em 13-11-2013 22:40, Jeff Fuhrman escreveu:
>>> I'm the tech Bruno has been working with regarding this. QEMU version is
>>> 1.5 and the relevant section of the KVM Config file is "
>>> We've tried it with 2 sockets, with 4 sockets, with 2 threads, 4 threads,
>>> and so on. ACPI and APIC are enabled for the KVM Container.
>>>
>>> Jeff Fuhrman
>>> Level 2 Technician - BlueVM
>> I have the same issue using the same qemu version. Do you guys also
>> experience random lockups? I've seem sometimes the OpenBSD VM sshd will
>> simply stop answering. Also if I try to login directly through the VM's
>> console, when I insert the username it will not prompt me for a
>> password. The strangest thing is, the machine still answer ping packets.
>> I could not debug it yet, since it happens randomly. I have to force a
>> shutdown to be able to access the machine again.
> Have you applied the patch for the errata below?
>
> for 5.4:
>
> http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/patches/5.4/common/003_vnode.patch
>
> or for 5.3:
>
> http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/patches/5.3/common/010_vnode.patch
Not yet David, will look into it. I am moving almost all of my
infrastructure servers to virtualized ones. Even my firewall is
virtualized now. But I am experienced these random lockups now and then.
Will apply the patch and test it again.

I do have another issue with running an OpenBSD guest in which it wont
do interrupt remapping so I have to enable an unsafe behavior on kvm
which allows it to do pci passthrough with "unsafe" interrupts. There
are some issues using this in which a privileged user in the guest
machine could escalate it's privileges on the host and/or crash it.
Anyway, this isn't a problem for me right now, when I do have some time
I'll look into it.

Thanks,

--
Giancarlo Razzolini