On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:29:34PM +0100, Peter J. Philipp wrote:
> He took the advice from me on IRC.  I had googled and found a similar
> mail from someone who could not see 2 cpu's but only 1, people told that
> person to disable apm, but granted the mails were a little dated.
>
> So I was giving the bad advice.  I'll keep the acpi thing in mind for
> next time.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -peter

The issue is how you define cpus as arguments for KVM/qemu.
I have seen same issue with RHEVM (KVM/libvirt with fancy UI).

The reporter should stop using 3rd party web sites for output,
he loses our time, and put as much as info inside the mail.

Show qemu/kvm args!

Ask provider what does he use, which qemu/KVM, which distro...

Try to define 2 sockets, each one core, I bet it will work.

jirib