On 20 July 2014 19:44, Adam Thompson <athom...@athompso.net> wrote:

> No, what he meant was that using nc -u can produce false results.

Thank you Adam to point out my misinterpretation. Now I understand that
Sean asked about how am I sure that all those zeroes generated in one host
are really going to the other.

> The sender can send as many packets as its CPU can possibly send, even if
99.9% of those packets are getting dropped by the receiver; the sender
still thinks it "successfully" send a bazillion bytes per second even
though it's a meaningless number.

Good point, as this:

> FWIW, you're almost certainly going to be CPU-bound.  I can't get more
than ~200Mbps on an emulated em(4) interface under ProxmoxVE (KVM 1.7.1)
between two VMs running on the same host.  Granted, the CPUs are slowish
(2.2GHz Xeon L5520).  I get better throughput using vio(4) but then I have
to reboot the VMs once every 2 or 3 days to prevent them from locking up
hard.

What version of ProxmoxVE? I am considering this as a counterpart to
XenServer, but I have some kind of faith in hypervisors in Xen and VMWare
style, but in this project I can not afford VMWare prices.

Thank you again, Adam!