Em 20-07-2014 19:44, Adam Thompson escreveu:
> FWIW, you're almost certainly going to be CPU-bound.  I can't get more
> than ~200Mbps on an emulated em(4) interface under ProxmoxVE (KVM
> 1.7.1) between two VMs running on the same host.  Granted, the CPUs
> are slowish (2.2GHz Xeon L5520).  I get better throughput using vio(4)
> but then I have to reboot the VMs once every 2 or 3 days to prevent
> them from locking up hard.
Adam,

    I've been using vio(4) for quite some time now, with long uptimes in
my vm machines, and never experienced lock ups. I've been using since
5.4. Now I'm running qemu-kvm 2.0.0. Now, to the OP question, I've been
using a mix of tcpbench and iperf and also been using statistical data
from libvirt, to measure the performance of my VM's. I've noticed
similar performance and, in some cases, better than vio(4) when using
the host's pci passthrough and assigning a real hardware to the VM. But
you shouldn't expected very great performance between VM's hosted in the
same host, unless you're using linux's macvtap with a switch that
supports VEPA. Using bridge is slow. I suggest you create a virtual
network and assign an interface for each of your VM's that need
communicating, and also use vio(4) on the guest OS.

Cheers,

--
Giancarlo Razzolini
GPG: 4096R/77B981BC

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]