On Jul 11 08:30:37, t...@parlementum.net wrote:
> On 07/11/2015 08:24 AM, Jan Stary wrote:
> >Are you sure the audio hardware is actually capable
> >of playing louder than it does? How exactly are you playing what?
> >
> I'm pretty sure. I mainly see it when playing youtube videos
                     ^^^^^^

Mainly. So not always?
Do you experience this "low volume" when playing
just regular audio? For example, if you have sox installed,
try playing 'play -n synth 10 sin 220' (which is a saturated sin wave).

> via mpv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3IidGmVLo4
> was giving me trouble for example.

mpv (or any other player, for that matter)
can have its own volume settings. If these are set low,
maxing out outputs.master will not help you much.
So how is mpv's volume set during this playback?

> I know for sure that the hardware is capable of being much
> louder since I'm able to play it at a good volume in Windows and Linux
> (both Pulseaudio and ALSA, after I add a boost device to ALSA.)

I don't know what an ALSA boost device is,
but the name suggests some kind of amplification.