Em 01-09-2015 22:40, Quartz escreveu:
> And when I say "fanless" I mean *completely* fanless, there won't even
> be any fans in the chassis or power supply, so low TDP is super
> important, and that ends up meaning low performance. It's not clear to
> me yet how close to the margin we'll end up being.

So now that you are being less vague, then we can start pointing you in
the right direction. I've built some OpenBSD firewalls using this kind
of hardware, completely fanless using CF for storage. I think you are
focusing on the thing that will probably give you less problems, the
CPU. These kind of systems tend to have problems with a lot of things,
*before* you ever get to the CPU. Don't expect top notch performance
from them, specially under heavy loads. That being said, there are lots
of options, but I believe that one of the most recommended here on this
list is soekris. But there are other options too.

P.s.: Talking about this kind of embedded system, you'll most likely end
up with a single core one. Pay attention to the RAM speed and bus speed too.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini