I think you are
focusing on the thing that will probably give you less problems, the
CPU. These kind of systems tend to have problems with a lot of things,
*before* you ever get to the CPU.

Such as? These aren't going to be doing hardly any disk IO and they don't need fancy graphics, so assuming they have a good quality chipset handling the ethernet ports I can't think of much else that will really get in the way. Unless you're talking plan bad build quality or something.

Don't expect top notch performance
from them, specially under heavy loads.

I'm not, that's why I was trying to sort out the single vs multi core issue to try to get the best out of it we could.