Unless your current user is in the daemon login class (which is
unlikely), it shouldn't.
Have a look to the manual page of login.conf(5) to understand how it works.
When you edit your login.conf, you have to login again for your
modifications to take effect.
It may explain a difference between the theorical value of your
login.conf file, and the real current value.

Le 04/20/16 18:29, Daniel Boyd a écrit :
> openfiles-cur is set to 128 under daemon in my login.conf.  Could that be
> affecting it?
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Guillaume Simon <
> guillaume.si...@mailoo.org> wrote:
>
>> Your nofiles(descriptors) may be too low.
>> You should consider increasing it to 512 or more
>> The weird thing is it doesn't match the "openfiles-cur" of your default
>> login class (2048, according to your first email).
>>
>> Le 04/20/16 16:41, Daniel Boyd a écrit :
>>> $ ulimit -a
>>> time(cpu-seconds)    unlimited
>>> file(blocks)         unlimited
>>> coredump(blocks)     unlimited