On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 09:43:56PM -0300, R0me0 *** wrote:

> Did you adjust advskew value on the machine you want to be Backup ?

Yes, the backup has an advskew of 5 and the primary an advskew of 1. As
I mentioned, when I first configured the interfaces by hand the two
systems properly negotiated master/backup roles, it was only after I
rebooted the one that was supposed to be primary on this interface that
it came up as backup, and I traced it to the fact the the carp demote value
was set to 2. When I manually changed the carp demote value to 0, the
system once again pre-empted the master role on the interface.

I'm just not sure what is twiddling with the carp demotion value. Unless
ospdf does it by default? The man page for the config file reads like it
would only do it if you explicitly include the demote keyword in the
area or interface section.

Thanks for the suggestion though.