Master-Backup setup with pfsync in place, means that you synchronize states
between boxes.
Then Master is rebooted, it becomes out-of-sync then it comes to states.
So until it is in sync with Backup (which became Master after reboot), it will
not become Master.

This process is auto. Just need to wait.

//mxb