harry666t [harry6...@gmail.com] wrote:
> On 11 November 2016 at 03:25, Brian <br...@brianwhalen.net> wrote:
> > Thinkpads are used often by folks wanting to get that penguin OS going also.
>
> Typing this on a Thinkpad X200s, running 6.0, very very happy with it.

I consistently get junk when I buy old Thinkpads. Usually the problems are not
major, but I started buying Panasonic Toughbook CF-C1A (1st gen intel) and
CF-C1B (2nd gen intel) laptops which are equivalent to X200 and X220. I have
several units on ebay now for $60 USD which have 14,000 hours (basically on
since they were manufactured) and they look and act brand new. I also started
getting CF-19 MK3 (Core 2 duo) and CF-19 MK4 (i5) for field use. They are
basically rock-solid, even with 8000 hours. Not every single used one has been
great, but most have been very, very good...