I have been running a Thinkpad x220 for some time until it died. I replaced
it with an x230 (my RAM, hard drive and mSATA drive were compatible so I
moved them) and I must say it is a much better machine. Everything
literally works out of the box and the build quality was much better.

I am now waiting on an X1 Carbon (4th generation) to arrive that I will be
moving to. I know we haven't caught up with Skylake so I won't have suspend
or Intel graphics but I have confidence we will get there eventually. I'll
put up a blog post detailing my installation experience when I get it (
http://functionallyparanoid.com).