Op 19-10-2017 om 20:27 schreef x9p:
>> But they WILL terminate your contract. Do not host in The Netherlands,
>> but in Switzerland or Iceland. Illegal torrents are forbidden in The
>> Netherlands, and actively chased nowadays.
>>

> This is the tricky part for Netherlands. They will only terminate your
> contract upon receiving a WRITTEN court order to do so.
You underestimate 'Stichting Brein'. They WILL get an ex parte (no
less!) court order. So you will not know you are being investigated
until a court order is served and you server is shut off. Only then you
will be told.

> Lawyers are not
> cheap.

Yes they are for 'Stichting Brein'. Their only purpose is to uphold the
rights of the copyright holders,
and they have lawyers are working for them. The copyright holders pay
and pay well for it.

>  A lawsuit will not be brought against each and everyone using Pop
> Corn Time to watch Hitman's Bodyguard, but it is really easy and cheap to
> write an script, collect IPs via torrent, and send DMCA takedown notices.
> DMCA free ignores this automatic scripts, but of course need to act upon
> receiving a court order.
'Stichting Brein' does have similar scripts. No worries.

> If you are Pirate Bay, ok, you should worry. If you are a John Nobody like
> me, that will not happen anytime soon.
>
> cheers.
>
> x9p

Try it and you will see. They will take action based on DMCA requests by
the way, they already do,
on behalf of the US copyright holders.
Not to frighten you, but that is how it works. Been there, seen that.
And yes, it has been announced they will start crackown on the smaller
targets (already started).

Follow the current standard operating procedures. It has been judged
that Stichting Brein WILL get
names based on ip addresses by court order, no further actions needed,
no further courts involved.

You seem to be blissfully unaware of the 'progress' in the Dutch legal
system thus far. Full blocking (ip-, name
and DNS based) for ISPs for TPB. If 'Stichting Brein' determines a new
ip address or name, they
demand a blockade, no court order needed.

I would not take the chance, and I live in The Netherlands. I don't need
to. But if I would build a setup,
it would be with a VPS in Switzerland. Never, ever in The Netherlands.

But back on topic. This has nothing to do with OpenBSD.