> > professional software exists. So noone hacks his own scripts.

of course also a script can be professional ;-)
My meaning was that several software existsm that is already accepted by
court and so the lawyer can be sure that these logs can be used in a
lawsuit. What I wanted to say is that no lawyer will hack his own script
to examine a filesharing platform (or something else)

> thats not much difference between "professional software" and a bunch of
> scripts doing the same job. been there.

difference is the acceptance in a lawsuit.