> hehe - you donĀ“t know the situation in germany ;-)
> I have seen many of these letters for "one time users" (even those with
> only a few seconds connection)

I do actually. By the time i lived there, a friend got something like EUR
800 bill for downloading a movie over torrent. Thats why I dont like
Germany hosting, and enjoy offshore VPS :)

>> ...but it is really easy and cheap to write an script, collect IPs via
>> torrent, and send DMCA takedown notices.
>
> professional software exists. So noone hacks his own scripts.

thats not much difference between "professional software" and a bunch of
scripts doing the same job. been there.

>> DMCA free ignores this automatic scripts, but of course need to act upon
>> receiving a court order.
>
> Thanks for the clarification of "DCMA free".

welcome.