Steven Day wrote:
Well as far as I know, Apache 1.3 is an openBSD modified version and not the
1.3 apache releases but the licensing on apache 2.0 is the reason I see
OpenBSD not packaging it.

http://apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Also search back into the mailing list archives or the site for more
specific reasons.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Your correct and that was sure beat up big time in the archive as well.

I think you have way more chance to ever see lighttpd replace apache 1.3 oppose to have apache 2.x for sure. I am not talking for the project what so ever, but the archive make it very obvious that apache is not going to go higher then where it is now. Plus lighttpd does have a BSD license, so that would be my bet. But don't expect that to change soon I think.

Just my $0.02 worth.