Misc User writes:
> It is theoretically possible to do that, but you'd have to do -a lot-
> of work to get it to do so.  It'd be much easier finding a proper
> way to accomplish what you want without running single-user.

I wouldn't recommend using single user mode to do anything other than
repair but it's not true to say that doing so is a lot of work. /etc/rc
is only ~600 lines and a lot of that is unnecessary if the server is
going to run a single thing. In many cases you can probably get away
with just mount/fsck/pfctl/netstart.

There is actually no such thing as "single user mode". All there is is a
kernel which hasn't done anything yet, and everything OpenBSD's does as
it "enters multi-user mode" is described clearly and comprehensively in
/etc/rc. Duplicating what little of it you want is, literally, as simple
as copy-paste.

Matthew