On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 10:32:12AM +0100, my25mb wrote:
> I'm asking, if someone can grab the hint, if it is "phisible" to haveĀ an
> official live stick/cd on openbsd.org

I don't think that there is much of a need for an 'official' live image,
because it's so easy to do a full installation of OpenBSD to a USB flash
drive.

In other words:

1. Get _two_ usb flash drives.
2. Download the regular OpenBSD installation media and write it to one of the
   flash drives.
3. Boot from that.
4. Insert the second flash drive.
5. Do a full installation on to that second flash drive.

That process should take around 20-25 minutes, even if you are using cheap,
slow devices.

At that point, instead of a limited 'live' image, you have a _full_ OpenBSD
installation, with pretty much all of the tools you need for basic testing,
system recovery, etc, etc.

You can even install packages from ports on to the USB drive to add extra
functionality.

And you can encrypt it.

And you can copy the installation media to it, and use it to install OpenBSD
on other machines.

Assuming you have access to a machine, (any machine), that can run OpenBSD to
create the 'live' installation on a USB drive in the first place, then this
is a much better approach than just downloading a 'special' live image.