On 2023-01-30, my25mb <my2...@aol.com> wrote:

> I'm asking, if someone can grab the hint, if it is "phisible"

(btw, 'feasible')

> to haveĀ an official live stick/cd on openbsd.org to simplify "my"
> relationship and existance with these mysterious hardware systems :-).

If the vendor is going to be thorough enough to really tell you what works,
there shouldn't be a big difficulty for them to do a standard install.

Otherwise, you might get enough of a test for "yes it boots ok and runs X"
but they might not test something else that could cause problems (does
video acceleration work properly? are there any weird interrupt storms?
does network work? is it slower than it should be? etc.)

Ideally I'd recommend buying from somewhere that you can return the hardware
if there's a problem which stops you from using it, and do your own tests.