Thanks for your patient to ride my horse.. and Peter and Stuart, for the
completeness of your replies.Often, in this "perfect" world we are always all
"developers" or advanced users to know enough about OpenBSD. However, when it
comes to business three stuff could happen and sorry if they appear hilarious:-
IT staff of the shop is business oriented but not much skilled enough same
time: just need to deliver pc, and could have already delivered my own purchase
before to face "complexity"... indeed;- In terms of bucks, I do not see yet at
time people in line to bet that writing to bugs@ will solve any present and
future problem about their own wallet (although just few bucks);- Trust is not
something left to the word of mouth:  a) talking about OpenBSD itself, I need
to know that is going to run;  b) if there is an unofficial live image around
seriously maintained and that solve the "hardness" quiz of the Team, I think
this one or more of them out there (there are some) could be endorsed in the
FAQ, or whereever by openbsd.orgI'm a little bit surprised (and maybe.. a too
simple dude) to hear that openbsd evaluated the possibility to adopt a live
installation and gave it up, so lets watch to your own diffusion stats,
eheh.....Daniele Bonini
-------- Messaggio originale --------Da: Stuart Henderson
<stu.li...@spacehopper.org> Data: 30/01/23  14:24  (GMT+01:00) A:
misc@openbsd.org Oggetto: Re: Live stick / cd from official sources On
2023-01-30, my25mb <my2...@aol.com> wrote:>> I'm asking, if someone can grab
the hint, if it is "phisible"(btw, 'feasible')> to have an official live
stick/cd on openbsd.org to simplify "my"> relationship and existance with these
mysterious hardware systems :-).If the vendor is going to be thorough enough to
really tell you what works,there shouldn't be a big difficulty for them to do a
standard install.Otherwise, you might get enough of a test for "yes it boots ok
and runs X"but they might not test something else that could cause problems
(doesvideo acceleration work properly? are there any weird interrupt
storms?does network work? is it slower than it should be? etc.)Ideally I'd
recommend buying from somewhere that you can return the hardwareif there's a
problem which stops you from using it, and do your own tests.-- Please keep
replies on the mailing list.