On 2024/02/10 16:34:30 +0100, b...@fea.st wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 10, 2024, at 16:00, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> > > It would make more sense to use the dedicated PrtScr key,  but I
> > > can't work out what it's called; I've tried to brute force the name.
> >
> > Print
>
> Thanks.  Not working unfortunately.
>
> > > Also, xev doesn't detect the keypress.
> >
> > That's odd, because I just used xev to find out.
>
> Yep.  Also I have this:
>
> ~$ xmodmap -pke | grep Print
> keycode 111 = Print Sys_Req Print Sys_Req
>
> Seems to me it should totally be bindable like any other key,
> but it seems something eats the keypress as xev can't see it either.

If xev doesn't report the keypress there's a chance something else has
bound that key.  Double-check that you don't have other bind directives
in your cwmrc file and that no running application may have bound that
key.

Running a test with xev using an empty .cwmrc and a .xsession consisting
of only `exec cwm' could help in ruling out whether the key is really
not available for other reason or is 'just' a configuration error
somewhere in your .xsession or .cwmrc.