steve szmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * Not showing all I/F's by default in ifconfig, requiring -A.

This is a good thing.  Do you really want every command to just list any
possible information in a huge mess?  Personally, I like to just get the
info I ask for.

> * Defaulting to bash, easier to use - Implemented.

This never happened.  And the default shell has always been up to you,
it asks you when you run adduser.  Its just root's default shell that
changed to ksh, not bash.

> * Out of date vi, harder to navigate and use, poor visual feedback.

No idea what this is about.  If you are used to vim, you might like vim.
But alot of people expect vi to be vi, and nvi is a much better vi than
vim.  Vim doesn't even paste correctly.  If you want vim, install it
and alias vi=vim (not for root).

> Some things are probably left with earlier versions

Its not a question of newer versions, you are talking about using
different software altogether, or adding extra "features" that many
people would consider either not needed, or just plain bad.

Adam