Hello,

I am trying to find systems that can be used _well_ with OpenBSD. The
applications are "middle class" BGP routers with hopefully more than
500kpps sustained, and web and database servers. With RAID, I'm
currently undecided whether I should stick with RAIDframe and be able
to use  smartmontools on the individual disks, or if I should go for
hardware RAID instead and fly blind (or which ways do I have to monitor
the health status of disks and RAID in that case w/o disrupting normal
operation?). The server stuff is intended to run 24x7 and continuously
push several MBit/s using complicated PHP and MySQL dances for each
request...

If you have suggestions about suitable machines from suitable ("clean")
vendors, I'm very interested to hear. Unfortunately, the user requires
big-name stuff.

I'm also very much interested in your opinion about this gear:
http://www.movidis.com/index.asp

TIA!

Best,
--Toni++