Hi Henning

From the technical aspect, I agree with you. But non technical people don't see (or understand) that :-( I wish I had time to sit down and find out how to exploit the webapp. I tried to bring in a company to do penetration testing, but I was refused the budget for it. I can't fix the problem completely, but I can put measures in place that will reduce the problem to an acceptable level.

TIA
Paolo

Henning Brauer wrote:

* Paolo Supino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-04-14 16:43]:

1. Fixing the code is impossible :-( I already tried it, the developers keep saying that they're code is sound and safe. I've shown logs and statistics to the bosses of the company that owns the webapp, but the only response I got was: "fix it" (they aren't making the connection between the webapp and the spam emails). The only thing I can do to prove my point is exploit the webapp in front of them, but I don't know how to do that.

then you should obviously find out how to do the latter.

you cannot fix this problem without fixing the buggy application.