Theo de Raadt wrote:
As other have already said, it seems to only be a problem with quite old PC's. At least mine is. (see dmesg below)

All of these problems have nothing to do with OpenBSD.  The BIOS itself
decides to not even give the CD a try.

Two people have said that copying the CD to a CDR ... makes that CDR work.

The first few blocks of the CD are basically identical to previous releases.
It sounds like something physical, ie. at the plant, is involved.

It works on almost all machines, except a few very old machines.  I'll
ask around about plant / physical issues, but I don't see how we're
going to be able to do anthing about it this release.

the patient amongst us might be inclined to remove said machine's hard drive, install on a machine of the same architecture that actually boots the CD, re-install the now bootable drive and boot openbsd. as long as it stays openbsd there is no problem here :).

cheers,
jake

Oh well.