On 31.10-08:20, Theo de Raadt wrote:
[ ... ]
> They don't need a list.  They could already have started coding.  Yet
> we see how few people actually do start coding.  Instead, they choose
> to write in english...

on the counter-side we appear to have people who can code but are
unable to communicate productively otherwise.

surely there must be _some_ merit to creating a list of lower level
development tasks (as dictated by those with experience to judge) to
encourage people to enter the development cycle.  of course, there
will be a large attrition rate, most people like the idea but can't
stick the learning curve.  others may be intelligent and able but less
confident and just need pointed in the right direction.

obviously the intention should be to try and capture the latter without
loosing energy on the former.