On 10/31/07, Theo de Raadt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> They don't need a list.  They could already have started coding.  Yet
> we see how few people actually do start coding.  Instead, they choose
> to write in english...

How can we get started on the code unless we have some idea of where
to start on the code? Sure we could just code whatever, but why would
we waste time on things that may be useless?

> > Obviously patches will be subject to peer review. Even if a patch isn't
> > approved, the coder should have learned something new and useful.
>
> Yeah, right.

I don't understand. Is newbies learning new things a waste to you? Do
you think they won't really learn anything unless the patch is
approved? Or will the patches not be subject to peer review? Or are
you worried at who would pass for peer review getting overwhelmed by a
huge volume of poor quality patches?

-Nick