> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to bring it to your attention that the university of
>> Pittsburgh provides a HPC-Patch for OpenSSH 4.7 wich may is worth
>> looking
>> at (include it into the base if possible? who knows..). :)
>
> Is crypto really a bottleneck for non-HPC users? My <AUD$500 PC can do
> AES128 at 0.7GBPS and RC4 at 2.25GBPS.
>
> It is very unlikely that this patch will be integrated - it adds threads
> to OpenSSH, which introduce many new security considerations.
>
> -d

Threads could get secured too.
A threaded OpenSSL would be an advantage for the userland crypto too in
some ways.

I just wanted to bring it to the attention of the developers. I'm not
skilled enought to say "it's good" or "it's bad" but if nobody knows about
it nobody could determine it either... :-)

Kind regards,
Sebastian