On 2/13/08 10:27 PM, Benjamin Bennett wrote:

It is very unlikely that this patch will be integrated - it adds threads
to OpenSSH, which introduce many new security considerations.

Using threads is really just a means to an end, and happened to be the most convenient means. If that's a show stopper for you guys, we can work on that.

It's about security, "we can work on that" afterwards is more the Microsoft way of security than the way OpenBSD people look at it.

> Are there any other issues?

No, really!, just prove it's secure and anybody here is happy!

I get the idea you don't see the security implications of race conditions in multi-core CPU's.

+++chefren