On 2/13/08 11:17 PM, Benjamin Bennett wrote:

I wasn't saying "we can work on security" afterwards. This is something that [to our knowledge] has not been worked on previously, and what we're providing is code that we consider experimental (due to lack of review) to get the ball rolling and get some feedback from others. We actually haven't gotten much feedback until today, so we do appreciate all of your comments.

OK, thanks for your quick response and further explanations

..

Race conditions are not unique to multi-threading. No matter how this is implemented, the goal is to do multiple things at once and timing will be an issue.

The security problems OpenBSD people see are not in robustness of this particular program, how well it works, (without seeing I believe that's OK and the code is interesting). The security problems are, for example, that code running in one core can access data from the other core and/or influence the code running in the other core.

Very basic security, more or less out of reach of your code.

OpenBSD puts security first and multi threading on multi cores is thought of as a can of worms.

+++chefren