2009/6/2 Ted Unangst <ted.unan...@gmail.com>

> This comes up from time to time and the more I think about it, the
> more I believe that if you don't know what you want to do but somebody
> tells you, you won't be very good at it.  Partially because you lack
> motivation, but also because if the problem you're solving has never
> affected you, then you probably won't understand it.
>
> Anyway, if you still feel like doing something, practically everyday
> someday requests some feature on the mailing list.

Couldn't agree more, but for the first steps this does not apply.
It's far easier to start in a project when you have someone telling you what
needs to be done,
the first step is the hardest, if we could ease it, the rest would come
naturally.

I strongly believe the bug tracking should be that list.

Would be great if the devs would open more bugs, even things that aren't
critical, it could be
very small things that they lack the time to do it, at the same time it
would work as an entry
point for that part of the project. Could be things like:
"Clean code at foo.c" : "Take a look at foo.c and remove/clean all the
redundant code"
"Port driver y from xbsd" : "We need support for cards blablablabla"

It's hard to know what you wan't to do when you barely know what needs to be
done and
what could be done.

--
Christiano Farina Haesbaert