On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 07:55:01PM +0200, jean-francois wrote:
> It's rather an old card.

well, you have an Audigy2 card.  the first generation SB Live! cards
mostly work well.  I've tried a few different board models.  Audigy
cards have a known problem with volume control.  I have never
personally tried any type of Audigy2 card.  apparently the Audigy2
Value cards work ...

> For the momdne I run OpenBSD 4.4

I think if you upgrade to 4.5 and get the onboard device detected
you will be happier

note that the emu(4) driver doesn't really take advantage of the special
features (filters and such) of the emu chips.  nor does emu(4) support
multichannel, "pure digital" (s/pdif output), or high resolution (> 16
bits) modes.

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org