On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 11:45:11AM -0600, Ludwig Mises wrote:
> I've installed OpenBSD 4.6 on
>
> hw.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
> hw.product=PowerMac3,5
> hw.physmem=1073741824
> hw.usermem=1073729536
>
> The OS runs fine, however, certain X desktop environments seem to not
> want to cooperate.
>
> Of the 3, KDE seems to run the best, however, the audio is broken.
> When I first login, the login wav starts playing but then after 1
> second starts playing noise.  It would be nice to have audio (maybe
> KDE can somehow play through aucat?).

most KDE apps use artsd, which can run on top of aucat.  if you're
running aucat server it should just work (artsd starting automagically
and playing through aucat, that is).

that being said, I have no idea how well the macppc i2s audio devices
actually work or how well artsd (and really, KDE as a whole) works on
macppc.

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org