On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 05:30:34PM -0600, Ludwig Mises wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Marco Peereboom <sl...@peereboom.us> wrote:
> > I noticed that running on a PowerBook with xdm bad things happen. I can run
> > mine reliably when using startx. Don't know about audio though.
>
> Yes, this is precisely what I have discovered.  xdm/gdm/kdm do not
> work well at all, however,
> startx does work for most WMs except for Gnome and XFCE.  KDE works
> but lacks functional audio.

if you have a tumbler(4) device, there's patches on tech@ to test ...

someone with the devices with the problems needs to do more to figure
out what exactly the problem is.  "lacks functional audio" is extremely
vague.  does audio work otherwise?  for example, can you play files with
aucat on the console?  if so, do other players work, on the console?
if so, does artsd itself work?  did you check that your audio
configuration(s) are sane?

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org