On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Jacob Meuser <jake...@sdf.lonestar.org>
wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 11:14:10PM -0600, Ludwig Mises wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Jacob Meuser <jake...@sdf.lonestar.org>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > if so, does artsd itself work?  did you check that your audio
>> > configuration(s) are sane?
>>
>> Now that KDE is working, I can answer some of these additional
>> questions.  artsd is working.
>> All other audio configuration appears sane.  Apparently the default
>> sounds for KDE are configured
>> to play a .ogg file.  For example, login plays KDE_Startup_3.ogg,
>> logout plays KDE_Logout_3.ogg
>> and an error dialog plays KDE_Glass_Break.ogg.  So for some reason,
>> KDE is unable to play
>> these .ogg files (they come out as noise).
>>
>> libogg-1.1.3        Ogg bitstream library
>>
>> Is installed.  So who knows...  At any rate, I reconfigured KDE to use
>> .wav versions of the files
>> and now they play just fine.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> well thank you for greatly narrowing down the problem.  can you play
> other OGG files with artsplay?  hmm.  arts seems to think my 44.1
> kHz OGG files are 48 kHz - on i386.  start artsd like so: 'artsd -l 0',
> then watch what it prints when you play a file with artsdplay in a
> different terminal.
>
> wasn't there a similar issue with OGG files with mplayer?  is libogg/
> libvorbis broken?

I've been unable to follow misc@ and ports@ for the past few weeks.
So, I apologize for the proverbial dead horse (provided s/he's dead),
but I will point to these threads that started a while back concerning
ogg and mplayer (via devede) . . . I suspect this is what is being
referred to.

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=126123736907100&w=4
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=126134887617073&w=4

-Neal