Hi Ferran,

> It is not the same. Imagine you have Library in first right pane and
> AutoDj in the second right pane. Then you open a new tab on the second
> right  pane (auto-dj tab gets hidden) and select another feature there.
> While auto-dj tab is hidden, no matter what you do, auto-dj remains
> there. And the only thing you have to do to bring it back where it was
> is to click its tab. That's the key point. It's similar to pin a pane,
> but since you have another tab on that pane you can reuse it.

My issue comes in when you just forget about the two panes and focus and
all the stuff. Your thoughts are around the audience and which track is
the next one and where you find it.

For me it is clear that keeping the panes association is desired.
The button bar is very easy to click, but sometimes you cannot just
click, you have to correct the focus. Unfortunately the pane focus is
somehow out of sight and hard to change by the controller.
Arranging a desired view is easy with your model, but keeping it is
hard, but IMHO the later is the desired behaviour during the night.

In your tab model the issue becomes worth because the additional degree
of freedom. The user must always verify and possible correct the pane
focus and the tab before clicking the button bar. Opening a new tab in
the AutoDJ pane is even more work.

Without the pin feature he can still loose the AutoDJ pane association.
There is no way to prevent having the AutoDJ left or in a second Tab,
which is undesired in most cases.

 > I think this covers your use case and fulfills your requirements. But
 > it can done with "new feature is always open where focus is", which
is mine :) Don't you agree?

It looks like we cannot find a compromise based one of our discussed
options.

A solution would be to remove all the focus issues and introduce
independent selectors for each pane. We could put the button bar into a
flout menu and open it always directly left to the focused pane.
Unfortunately such a model is hard to control by a Midi.

Or we could open a feature always in the left pane and add a button
"Pin right" Or "Pin to new Tab" if you like.
Releasing the Pin will remove the tab then.

By the way, we have discussed the same as "sticky views" which have now
become the saved searches. If you have a close look to it, you will see
that they are similar to your tabs. The save Icon does the same as "open
in a new Tab"

What do you think?