Hallo

> I also noticed that using either -f8 or -f9 that something wasn't quite right with
> some sort of timestamps.  I did a 'mplayer test.m2v -ss 15:00' for example and that
> really took me about 45 minutes into the movie (maybe a little further).  This
> worked when I encoded using the older version of mpeg2enc, doesn't with the new.
That seems to be a problem of every VBR stream and mplayer. mplayer
seeks always the maximal bitrate for the file forward. If you have set a
bitrate of 5000k, and the bitrate for the next time is about 2500k it
will jump ahead the double amout of time you wanted.

That's no problem of mpeg2enc or mplex.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard