On Saturday 24 January 2004 06:18, Ray Cole wrote:
> I was able to confirm it is the default of '-R 0' that was causing poor
> quality.  If I use '-R 0' on 1.6.1.92 I get the same flood of artifacts
> that I get with 1.6.1.93.
>
> -- Ray

Hmmm.... very odd.   Do you have a short Test-sequence you can email me or put
someplace I can download?   Even if the Problems with B frames disabled are
'correct' (very noisy material might have this effect) it sounds like an
excellent Test-sequence.  There must be something extreme about it.

The sort-of-random results you're getting with adjusting motion estimation
radii and motion-estimation reduction suggest very noisy material or,
at least something broken.    I haven't heard any other feedback so it could
a build problem...

The fact that it is *still* pictures that come out poorly is also very odd...

Andrew