Hello.
I have downloaded from www.mainconcept.com and installed latest MainActor
mainactorv5.2.12-1.i686.rpm to try.
I should say that I like this video editor.
Few months ago I  already tried mainactor 5.2.11 and it works with my
mjpeg files very bad.
After converting my mjpeg files to mpeg sound becomes with interrupts.
There was no problem to work with mpeg1 and 2.
Today I downloaded version 5.2.12 and it doesn't work with mjpeg at all...
I can add media clip, place it to the timeline, but...
immeditionally after placing mjpeg clip on the timeline mactor crashing
and outputs only one line:
Segmentation fault.
First time it allows me to place mjpeg clip on the timeline and crashes
when I clicked clip to view it's properties in the effects window.

Then I open this clip in an another video editor, and exported it as
mjpeg...
I don't understand why, but mactor can work with that clip without
problems.
Convert it to mpeg1 - no problems with sound...

Now I understand that the problems exists only when work with videos
captured with lavrec  utility from mjpegtools project

Then I tried MainActor with mjpeg I have captured few years ago with Adobe
Premiere 4.2
That works perfect
I didn't understand why mactor doesn't work with mjpeg avi file captured
with lavrec

Thanks anyway

this string I use to capture files:

lavrec -i p -w -f a -d 1 -q 36 -a 16 -r 44100 -l -1 -R l -c 2 -t 100000 -T
1 -n 32 -b 256 -s --use-read --max-file-size 1900
/home/norik/video/lalala.avi

I should mention that problem exists both when avi's 768x576 and 384x288