Glad to see someone else has the same type of problems :-)  I'm using automake
1.8.5 and autoconf 2.59.  I get a ton of AM_CONDITIONAL errors.  I'd love to
try out some of the changes that have happened over the past year but can't
(sniff).

processing . Running libtoolize... You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'. Running aclocal ... aclocal: configure.in: 68: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library aclocal: configure.in: 201: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library aclocal: configure.in: 392: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library aclocal: configure.in: 404: macro `AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library Running autoheader... Running automake --gnu ... configure.in: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found. configure.in: You should verify that configure.in invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, configure.in: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory, configure.in: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal). /usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in AM _CONDITIONAL /usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITI

I assume part of it might have to do with the message saying I should add the
contents of '/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to 'aclocal.m4', but there is no
such directory /usr/share/aclocal, and I have no idea what path it is referring
to for 'aclocal.m4' :-)

-- Ray

Michael Hanke wrote:
Hi,

I tried to build the mjpegtools from CVS. Unfortunately, I could not run autogen.sh successfully. The most important error:

HAVE_PNG not defined in AM_CONDITIONAL

What is going wrong? I have installed libpng-devel.

Thank you.

Michael

.