Hi,

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 04:31, Trent Piepho wrote:
> It doesn't need to be a library, you can just compile all the source into a
> single program with one command, and it words fine.

GStreamer uses it.

> No, I can run mplex just fine without the library.  It's faster too, since the
> shared library uses PIC code.

Most stuff mplex does is I/O, it has nothing to do with your CPU. If you
were talking about mpeg2enc I'd say it indeed gives you a 0,01%
performance increase.

As for the Makefile, it contains the headers to install, the source
files and all that. It's very easy to maintain. I've had to do stuff
with ffmpeg (and its build system) for a while, and it's no fun. I'd
rather just use autofoo. For the past year or so, I've maintained a
patch to ffmpeg to autotoolize it. Just to get rid of the crap.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>