On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:30, Dik Takken wrote:

[snip]
> Kommander GUIs that I'm working on:
>
> http://pingwing.xs4all.nl
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dik

Dik,
Your 'wizards' and coming 'wizards' look good. They look like they will
contain the sort of stuff that novices like me can use to get into video.
Especially in my case which is consumer DV, VCD's and DVD converstion,
creation etc.
I like the fact that they are bash scripts as I imagine one can use them as a
basis to progress to more complicated command line settings with the various
tools.
mjpegtools and other tools can be quite intimidating to the novice.

FYI The tools I tend to use mplayer (mencoder), mjpegtools, smilutils, dd and
kino. Generally to create mpeg2 video for software playing or VCD's.

I look foward to seeing your tools progress.

Phil Bertram