Hallo

> I have tried several combinations.
> The problem is independend of the settings of the quality and the geometry
> factor.
> If the decimation is changed to something other than "1" the recording is
> fine.
Does it break after a certain time ?
I have just recorded 1:20 minute from the BUZ without problems, and from
the DC30, and the videos is ok.

I use the cvs version of the mjpegtools, cvs version from libquicktime
from end of jan, and the cvs version of the zoran driver with some
"enhances" aviable in the 0.9.5 zoran driver package. The "enhances" are
mainly fixes, for some small things like compiler wanrings.

> > Does the AVI record mode work: -f a ?
> Recording an AVI with decimation of "1" is possible.
Does possible mean "works without framedrops for more than X minutes" ?

> The problem is connected to quicktime and a decimation factor of "1" only.
> > > Hardware: DC10+, Audigy2
> > > Distri: SuSE 9.2
> > > Kernel: 2.6.8
> > Do you use the original suse kernel ?
> > Than I would try first the zoran driver Suse includes in the linux
> > kernel. Form most things the zoran driver in the kernel (> 2.6.0) should
> > work well.
> I started with the SuSE 9.2 standard kernel and tools.
> Unfortunately quicktime is not supported by the mjpegtools SuSE supplies
> as standard. One has to grab a replacement package or compile its one.
The main difference I see between your installation and my Suse 9.2 ist
that I use a selfe compiled original linux 2.6.9 kernel.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard