Hello,

> > I have tried several combinations.
> > The problem is independend of the settings of the quality and the geometry
> > factor.
> > If the decimation is changed to something other than "1" the recording is
> > fine.
> Does it break after a certain time ?
> I have just recorded 1:20 minute from the BUZ without problems, and from
> the DC30, and the videos is ok.

It breaks immediately after starting the recording.

Here the command:
lavrec -f q -i p -R l -a 16 -c 2 -g 768x576 -d 1 -q 10 -w movie.mov

Here the output:
Press enter to start recording>
Press enter to pause recording
stsd_init_audio: 16
**ERROR: [lavrec] Error writing to output file movie.mov: Internal: broken JPEG
format
++ WARN: [lavrec] Closing file(s) and exiting - output file(s) my not be
readable due to error
0.00.00:00 int:185 lst:  0 ins:  0 del:  0 ae:  0 td1=0.000 td2=0.000
Recording time  :  0.00.00:00
Lost frames     : 000
A/V sync ins/del: 000/000
Audio errors    : 000

> I use the cvs version of the mjpegtools, cvs version from libquicktime
> from end of jan, and the cvs version of the zoran driver with some
> "enhances" aviable in the 0.9.5 zoran driver package. The "enhances" are
> mainly fixes, for some small things like compiler wanrings.

I use the CVS Version of mjpegtools (mid of march), the CVS release of
libquicktime
(march) and the CVS version of the zoran driver (mid of march).

> > > Does the AVI record mode work: -f a ?
> > Recording an AVI with decimation of "1" is possible.
> Does possible mean "works without framedrops for more than X minutes" ?

Yes. Recoding an AVI movie works with decimation "1" for at least 10 minutes
without framedrops (just tested).

> > The problem is connected to quicktime and a decimation factor of "1" only.
> > > Do you use the original suse kernel ?
> > > Than I would try first the zoran driver Suse includes in the linux
> > > kernel. Form most things the zoran driver in the kernel (> 2.6.0) should
> > > work well.
> > I started with the SuSE 9.2 standard kernel and tools.
> > Unfortunately quicktime is not supported by the mjpegtools SuSE supplies
> > as standard. One has to grab a replacement package or compile its one.
> The main difference I see between your installation and my Suse 9.2 ist
> that I use a selfe compiled original linux 2.6.9 kernel.

I use the Kernel 2.6.8 supplied by SuSE through their update service (YOU)
with the zoran driver (CVS version) compiled as external kernel module.

What else beside the zoran driver is necessary ?
Where are the dependancies ?

Kind regards
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>