Hallo

>>> Yes, it does. I use "-i p", having just the two RCA jacks for video and
>>> audio. "The recording works" just means that I can create movies, but
>>> loosing thousands of frames I gave up for a while.
>> The audio card on the DC30 does not work. Where have you pluged them in?
> Actually, I capture audio from the on-board sound card (Intel ICH5), not
> from the DC30, and it has been working without problems for a few weeks,
> until I upgraded to Dapper. It still works now, but with those lost
> frames. From your messages I understand that a first segfault makes the
> driver not work until reloaded, weird, but easy to manage, and I guessed
> I may have noticed something like that (lost frames after the first
> segfault, I mean). Unfortunately, this workaround didn't work for me.
>
> As for you exact question, sorry, what do you mean? Which PCI slot did I
> plug the DC30 card in? Sorry, my English is not that good!

I asked where you has pluged in the audio signal because the audio part
of the DC30 does not work.

> I also tried to compile from CVS, but I always get a message about
> AM_PROG_AS missing from autogen.sh.

Lookes like you have no as.m4 macro.
Take a look at the mail from SMS to find out who to solve that problem:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2356&max_rows=25&style=flat&viewmonth=200504&viewday=3

> Finally, I have been trying some different tapes and found that just one
> of them gives me problems, and they seem to almost disappear if I rewind
>   back and forth the tape a few times. So there are chances I'm
> experiencing videocamera problems, not card nor mjpeg ones.

That lookes like your camera is not able to produece a steady signal.
That happens usually with VCR's. If you try to record from a Broadcast
signal like you have from a Satelite receiver you should have no dropped
frames. Please test it too.
So you can be soure that the card and system is working properly. And
the Problem is "just" with the tape you want to record.

If you have a lot of tapes image stabilization units (TBC Time base
correction) help a lot !
I think a device TV One CTB-530T http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ would
help. (I hope Steven corrects me if I'm wrong.

> I'll tell you soon if I discover something more.
Fine.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]