On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Florin Andrei wrote:

> I said this before - you guys should make releases way more often. Very

        Of what?  Broken software?   No sense doing a release for the last
        year or whatever since it was broken.  And now it _may_ be fixed
        and it's time for testing, not a release.

> few people are going to track the CVS.

        Then I guess they're not the folks that should be testing unreleased
        and possibly buggy software, right?  That's more of a developer
        (or development assisting) activity and that's what CVS is for.

        A release means that testing has been done .  Testing is done out of
        cvs and not a release.

> BTW, if I'm using 1.8.0 (default on Ubuntu), what do I get if I upgrade
> to 1.9.0 RC1?

        The last known working encoder perhaps.  I think it was after RC1
        that things broke  rather badly.  Number of the filters were enhanced
        and I think the deinterlacing and denoising software was heavily
        revised.

        Now if you get the current CVS there's memory leaks fixed, further
        revisions  / rewrites of the utils/filters.  Build support for OSX
        10.5 (done just a couple days ago ;)) and lots more - I don't keep
        a list in mind (that's what CVS is for ;))

        Cheers,
        Steven