> Well, that makes a big difference :) Now both MK+Sizzle and Sizzle
> standalone do the benchmark in 53 ms.
>
> John, this is an interesting testament to your implementation:
>
> On FF 3.1b1 with jit turned OFF the Sizzle selector code (i.e not
> using querySelectorAll) completes in 55ms.
> With jit turned ON *and* using the querySelectorAll - it improves only
> a tiny bit to 53ms :)

Ha! I certainly won't complain with those types of numbers.

It's funny, I was struggling to find out why some of my selectors were
slower when qSA was supposed to be used - I didn't realize that it was
a product of how the test suite was working (it always passes in the
extra document argument) and how the perf suite works (it doesn't pass
in document). Oh well, all better now!

--John