This is my first post to this list in like...a really long time so if you
don't like reading two months of accumulated spewage, don't read on

First of all, the most incredible song as far as lyrics go has to be
"Styrofoam Boots/It's All Nice On Ice Alright". For those of you who don't
read lyrics sheets and haven't learned to understand Isaacs wailing
(that's wailing in a good way), here are some excerpts of particularly
high quality:

"You'll be drowned in boots like mafia/But your feet will still float like
christs"

"I'm in heaven trying to figure out which stack/They're gonna stuff us
aetheists into/And Peter and his monkey laugh/And I laugh with them/I'm
not sure what at/They point and say/We'll keep you in the back/Polishing
halos, baking manna and gas"

and from "doin' the cockroach"

"My mind is all made up/So I'll have to sleep _in_ it"

(not on it as someone else said)

Second order of business, this damned survey, which I feel oblidged to
fill out to sort of get reacquainted with the list.

> << NAME: Ben
> > >
> > SEX: boy
> >
> > HOME: Yoojeen, Orygun
> >
> > EYE COLOR:  poolwater blue
> >
> > HAIR COLOR:  in the summer it's dishwater blond, in the winter it's
more like really gunky dishwater after you clean your fridge and dump
everything from the old tupperware into the sink.

> > YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS?  simpsons...conan...letterman, in that order
> >
> > FAVORITE MAGAZINE? nope
> >
> > FAVORITE SMELL:  jasmine
> >
> > WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD: not knowing what's up
> >
> > BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD:  wiping it in some asshole's face when
you're right and they know it.

> > FAVORITE THINGS TO DO ON THE WEEKENDS: sleep late, rock out, party.
> >

> > FAVORITE SOUNDTRACK: Pump up the Volume, Clerks (for berserker) and
(though the movie was a buttstab) angus.

> > WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE
> > MORNING?  Ahh, yes...four hours till I have to work
> >
> > DO YOU GET MOTION SICKNESS ? For sure on boats, in a car if I read.
> >
> > ROLLER COASTERS-DEADLY OR EXCITING? God, how long has it been? A
little of both I think.

> > PEN OR PENCIL?  good ol #2 (except for the crossword and for poetry)
> >

> > HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? 3
> >

> > FUTURE SON'S NAME ? Krzyhztov (I think that's how you spell it..it's
pronounced shishtov)

> > FUTURE DAUGHTER'S NAME: Lindsey
> >

> > FAVORITE FOOD:  jell-o shooters
> >

> > DO YOU GET ALONG WELL WITH YOUR PARENT(S): yeah
> >

> > CROUTONS OR BACON BITS: crutons on salad, bacon bits on baked potato
(duh!)

> > DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE?  nope. i ride my bike.
> >

> > DO YOU SLEEP WITH STUFFED ANIMALS? only when I'm really down
> >

> > WHAT TYPE OF CAR WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? little schwin BMX
> >
> > THUNDERSTORMS COOL OR SCARY? both
> >

> > IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON, DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD IT BE? This
girl I went to high school with and had the biggest crush on for 2 years,
and never spoke to.

> > FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC : Shane MacGowan (Drink: Steaming hot mug of coffee
with a shot and a half of kahlua and a shot of vodka)

> > WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? saggitarius
> >

> > WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE POET? really most of the american classics
(whitman, Frost, etc..) not much of a beat fan. Musically, Isaac, Blake
Schwartzenbach (from Jawbreaker, and now Jets to Brazil), and whoever
writes the songs for the promise ring (it doesn't say on their albums)

> > DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? I used to when my mommy made me. Now
my skin is an ugly yellow color from not eating my vegies.

> > GUYS~IF A GIRL ASKED FOR THE SHIRT OFF YOUR BACK, WOULD YOU
> >
> > GIVE IT? I'd really like to say no, but I'm such a softie...
> >
> > GIRLS-WOULD YOU EVER ASK A GUY FOR HIS SHIRT?
> >

> > IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? philanthropist
> >
> > IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD
> > IT BE?  I've been thinking about dying it black, but it would look
really bad.

> >IF YOU COULD HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT AND WHERE WOULD IT BE? Me and my buds
are all getting Celtic knot things around our arms with like a little
symbol or something. (I know, you don't really get the picture, but I
can't really explain it any better)

> > HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE? too many times
> >

> > WHAT IS ON YOUR WALLS IN YOUR ROOM ? 4 Cherry Poppin Daddies posters
from back when they were good and only played in eugene, a poster for my
friends band "Soul Funktion", 2 beatles posters, a Bloodhound Gang
poster(shut up those guys rule), a couple randoom pictures I took, a
collage I made, a flyer for another friends band, "Filthy Few", a playbill
from the Rocky Horror Show, an american girls poster, a radiohead poster,
a lookout records poster, ticket stubs (Motley Crue, Radiohead), Nikki
Six's pick (from the Crue show), and a Jimmy Eat world poster. Coming
soon: a Mr. T Experience poster, A screeching Weasel poster, a Creeper
Lagoon Poster, and a Readymen poster.

I think I might have to start a rotation.

 > > > IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? Empty. Gimme just one more.
> >
> > WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SNAPPLE?I'm a Dr. Pepper man
> >

> > FAVORITE MOVIE(S)?  Ordinary People, Pump Up The Volume, Good Will
Hunting.

> > LEFTY OR RIGHTY? uhh...lessee...righty
> >

> > WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? the floor
> >

> > WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 23
> >

> > WHAT IS YOUR DREAM CAR? A big old  Continental
> >

> > FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH: WWF
>

> > SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON(S) WHO SENT THIS TO YOU: I forget
who originally sent this message, and like I said, I've been out of touch,
but uh...hey, they sent this message to the list and look at all the fun!

> OUT OF THE PEOPLE YOU SENT THIS TO, WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
> >
> > WHAT'S IN YOUR CD/TAPE PLAYER RIGHT NOW: On my record player is Wierd
Paul (yes I said Wierd Paul...ask me later) in my tape deck is a tape I
made of radiohead b-sides, live stuff, etc.., and I have a 50 disc
changer, but on regular rotation is The Get Up Kids:4 minute mile,
Knapsack:This conversation is ending starting right now, Refused:Songs to
fan the flames of discontent, and TFTAIS

>  >WOULD YOU JUMP ON A BOMB FOR A FRIEND? Ya know, if jumping on the bomb
would save my friend, it'd have to be a pretty wussy bomb and he'd
probably make it out ok with only minor reconstrucive surgery

> ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH ANY OF YOUR EX'S? no
> >
> > WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO A TEENAGER RIGHT NOW? I guess I'm still
a teen, but for you younguns, don't try very hard in high school, it
doesn't matter as much as your guidance coulselor would have you believe.

If you read all this you're either one of those speed readers, or someone
about as bored as me.

Ben Hubbird
[EMAIL PROTECTED]