<Other than being the spring board for cultivation and civilized society,
the part    they've played in spirtuality, and in helping us to understand
very complex    abstract ideas, is also quite profound. >

hmmm... last time i checked, i could understand complex and abstract ideas
regardless of the fact that i have never ever once smoked the wacky
tabaccy... i'm with the person who pretty much advocated the concept of being
pure (straight edge if you will)... i have, at several points in time in my
life, put substances into my body (granted it's a total of about 3 beers and
about a pack of cloves in 20 years... i'm so not hardcore)... but i can say
that i feel much better about myself knowing that i have no dependence on
anything.  i am not a slave to wasting money on things that don't benefit my
physical well-being (ie cigarettes, alcohol, heroin, etc).  i don't need weed
to help me do anything... anything that weed would help me accomplish, i can
do myself.... and i'm just not 80's enough to try and bring back coke.  i
know that i am very naive about drugs in general, just because i try and
distance them from me... i am fucked up enough already... i really don't need
malt liquor in my system to act like a jackass... i do that shit sober... and
somehow i've been able to conjure up the ability to comprehend highly
profound things without being high.  i guess i'm a fucking marvel of the
modern age... i'm not saying that i am better than anyone because they do put
substances like nicotine and thc into thier system, because i believe that as
long as you are making yourself happy that the shit someone does is alright
with me (some exceptions... molesting kids is not cool, even if it makes you
happy... nor is fucking the family pet)... i know it's all about dif'rent
strokes for dif'rent folks... it's just that some folks stroke it with an x...

love and mango,

leigh